How many times have this happened to You?
1. You need a boundingbox. Possibly to query a database or maybe call a WMS service.
2. You open a map somwehere on the internet or maybe in another GIS-tool than FME.
3. You locate Your area of interest and manually note of the corner coordinates -the bbox. (xmin is…. ymin is… max lat is…)
4. You manually enter these into FME.
We figured out a smarter way here: http://bbox.me/osm
1. Search for You area of interest (Find Place)
2. Zoom in/out and redefine the bbox (Set to screen)
3. Select the Resource (“6 BBOX Transformer.fmw”) and press “Download”.
Now open the generated Workspace in FME and You have a Transformer with Your Boundingbox!
(If You do have troubles getting it to work with Internet Explorer – You may have to enter bbox.me to the trusted sites).